Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet as Honey Kiss

Then there’s the bonding kiss between a parent and child, or grandparent and grandchild. This exchange is filled with the purest, unconditional love that washes over you like a sweetly fragrant bubble bath. Super delectable, it swells the heart with an unparalleled sense of belonging.

All my grandparents were known for kissing me (and each of their grandchildren) with unusual frequency and gusto. Grabbing my little mug, they’d come into my face for a soft, teeny nibble. I’d flex my cheeks and cry, “Owww, that hurt!” Despite my yelps, and exaggerated wiping of the face, I knew this was a demonstration of their unadulterated love. As I grew, there’d be nothing more delicious than curling up with my grandmas for some love bites. Their sweetness dripped like the honey syrup in their baklavas.

No comments: