Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What’s your Definition of a Kiss?

Throughout this book you’ll find the responses from my kissing survey. The comments from these ladies of all ages and Ms./Mrs. status are real and candid, and they express feelings most of us can relate to.

WHAT’S IT TO YOU?

“A kiss is an intimate coming together of lips between two people who want to get closer together.”

“It’s that lip-smacking thing. Some are sweet, some romantic,some obligatory (the cheek to cheek kind). It’s an international symbol for affection, caring and
warmth, sometimes better than a handshake.”
S. G.

“An unbelievable magnetic force or attraction that pulls two people together . . .”
P. D.

“It’s a physical way to show little droplets of love and affection.”
K. U.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PET NAMES FOR KISSING?

Eighty percent of the women surveyed have a cute name for a kiss. Half of them use “smooch,” and some variations of the same: smooching, smoocheroo, smooches, smoochy-wooch, smoochie and smoochy.

Other sweet phrases and endearing words for a kiss include:

“Show me some love”
“Let me know you love me”
“Give it to me”
“How ’bout some tongue”
“Give me some sugar”
“Gimme some love”


Kishes Soul-kisses Peck
Mashing Love Kissy
Kissy-wissy Sugar, Sugar Smacks Yummies

HOW DOES KISSING MAKE YOU FEEL?

“I smile whenever I think about kissing. . . . Expectations of joy and pleasure.”
L. B.

“I feel safe,comforted,warm and happy.Kissing to me is a spontaneous gesture of fondness between two people who truly have a bond . . . whose relationship has meaning and significance.
J. R.

“It gives me butterflies in my stomach to think about it. It’s something you do when you have a huge crush on someone, or else when you are madly in love.”
C. L.

No comments: